Vacancy - Administrative Assistant |
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy (ABC) located in Washington, DC. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a broad array of administrative, development, and program functions including serving as the office manager for ABC’s office in Washington, providing support for staff, coordinating meetings, and serving as the office receptionist.
This position requires a broad knowledge of all ABC programs and structure. There is a great deal of contact with others, in person, by telephone, and through email and other correspondence. The work requires initiative, flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail. It is essential that the staff member in this position is able to prioritize tasks and work in a team environment. The position reports to Vice President for Operations.
- Perform day-today office management for the Washington, DC office, including the purchase of office supplies, serving as liaison to the landlord, the janitorial service, and arranging for the maintenance and repair of office equipment and facilities.
- Maintain equipment and office supply inventory.
- Provide general administrative support to staff in the DC office including mailings, preparation of travel reports, coordinating travel, and preparation of pre-meeting materials.
- Perform general office duties such as answering the telephone, maintaining the office calendar, collecting and distributing the mail, helping with large mailings, maintaining mailing lists, and greeting visitors.
- Take minutes at staff meetings as needed.
- Undertake other duties/special projects as requested.
- A college degree and at least three years work experience in a related position, or other appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with computers and software such as Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and accurately and to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Good communication skills in person and in writing.
Merrie S. Morrison
Vice President, Operations