"Bringing Back the Birds" Campaign Director |
Title: Migratory Bird Campaign Director
Supervisor: Vice President for Conservation Programs
Location: Washington DC/VA area
Application Deadline: April 30, 2014
American Bird Conservancy (ABC), an international bird conservation organization, is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial leader to build and manage its new, hemispheric migratory bird campaign. The Director will spearhead the development and implementation of conservation programs for the highest priority birds in the United States to ensure these species are protected both in the US and internationally. The Director will work collaboratively with a wide array of organizations and experts and will serve as the lead public spokesperson for the program.
1. Lead a coordinated campaign to build a conservation strategy, constituency, and campaign that protects migratory bird species throughout their annual ranges.
2. Identify, cultivate, and solicit public and private supporters for campaign priorities; generate and manage funds.
3. Coordinate with federal and state agencies, Joint Ventures, and conservation organizations to secure appropriate protection and management of key habitat.
4. Identify and encourage policy solutions which address the most pressing threats to migratory birds.
5. Heighten public awareness and support for conserving birds.
6. Other duties as assigned.
The Director will be an energetic, entrepreneurial leader with proven success in creating complex conservation initiatives in collaboration with others, and in generating financial and public support for conservation. ABC is looking for someone with leadership qualities who is creative, persuasive, and can think strategically and practically. Must be able to manage, mentor, and empower others and build strong and lasting partnerships to deliver conservation results,
1. Excellent background and understanding of conservation practices and bird conservation needs.
2. Demonstrated leadership, high energy, creativity, and ability to translate strategic, visionary ideas into sustainable conservation.
3. Experience in complex program management; strong organization and administrative skills.
4. Experience in working with partnerships, networks, or alliances. Demonstrated success in working with a work wide variety of people and partner institutions, and in cross-cultural situations.
5. Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
6. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
7. Able to travel, often on short notice.
8. Highly committed to conservation and to ABC's conservation mission (see abcbirds.org).
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to:
Vice President of Operations
Application Deadline is: April 30, 2014